amazon.com/authors/laurengilley

You can check out my books on Amazon.com, and at Barnes & Noble too.

Sunday, February 2, 2014

All Melted

A few remaining snow pics I hadn't posted yet. Thankfully, it's all melted now except for a few scraps in the shade here and there. Georgia for ya: We had snow on the ground and a city shutdown on Tuesday, and today it's 60 degrees. And it's a good thing too. I've got to kick this cold that the, appropriately, cold gave me. I have the immune system of a newborn baby bird.

 
 
Wasn't it pretty, though? Snow acts as powder-sugar dusting on my imagination, enriching and sweetening and bringing a certain aching poignancy to the sorts of angsty, anguished moments that I love to write into stories. Snow just does something inexplicable to a scene. It softens the urgency of the world and lets character moments ring with such crystal clarity. Love snow. Hate it...but love it, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment