amazon.com/authors/laurengilley

You can check out my books on Amazon.com, and at Barnes & Noble too.

Monday, February 17, 2014

A Writer's Best Friend

In my opinion, it's a camera, hands down. I don't go anywhere without at least having the one on my phone, because I never know when I'll bump into something really cool that I want to work into a story. And why strain your brain remembering it when you could just snap a pic and go on?

I went exploring some of the little side streets and trails near the house yesterday. I like going for walks. I like it even better if it's in the woods and there's not much traffic. I was a hobbit in another life.

I found this little trail that goes back through the woods - part of a neighbor's 4-wheeler trails, I'm sure - and it fit so perfectly with the forest vibe I have going on in my historical stories, I had to take some pics. I like to think that when you write for a living, you have to be hyper-aware of your surroundings, always on the lookout for good material. I thought the trees here were lovely.


 
 
 
 
 
Ran into this guy, too. They're cute...up until they open their mouths and you get a look at their teeth.
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment