amazon.com/authors/laurengilley

You can check out my books on Amazon.com, and at Barnes & Noble too.

Thursday, February 13, 2014

Ice and Then Snow

It started Wednesday in the wee hours of the morning, with freezing rain.







Late last night, it switched over to snow. Around midnight, when I checked the horses for the last time, I stood under the security light on the corner of the barn and watched it come down: a confetti of silver slivers and fat white flakes with intricate lace patterns. It felt like Christmas inside a Disney movie. The silence, the soft glow of ambient light radiating up from the snow, everything gleaming. Even trashcans and compost heaps look magic covered in snow. And this morning, with the sun breaking through the clouds, it revealed the prettiest blanket of snowfall I can ever remember.




 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
This is perfect reading weather. I think I'm going to curl up with a book.

No comments:

Post a Comment