amazon.com/authors/laurengilley

You can check out my books on Amazon.com, and at Barnes & Noble too.

Monday, November 10, 2014

Cozy Things


It's almost seventy today and cloudless, and so perfect that it's hard to imagine that by Friday, we'll have high temps in the 40s, excessive cloud cover, and general cold weather grossness. I'm someone who's always cold. I held my horses while they got new shoes today, and even with all that sun and the seventy degrees, I was in a t-shirt, sweatshirt, and winter jacket. Kid you not. I wear jackets in summer. I sleep in socks, under heaps of quilts and a down comforter. I'm cold all the time. I want to climb inside fireplaces and sip soup non-stop all winter.

Throw in my love of books and being naturally small, and I'm a creature who craves cozy things. I need my winter essentials to get me through the cold evenings when I get to settle in with a good book.

 - Long shirts and sweaters. Bare midriff? Nuh-uh. I need covered from neck to knees. I have this sweatshirt and it is divine. Super soft and comfy without being bulky.

 - This hand cream. Forget the perfumed, frilly stuff. This will beat back the driest skin.

 - Thick wool socks, to keep toes warm, two pairs at once, if necessary. Not the cute kind you'd wear with pressed pants, but thick ugly boot socks. Not pretty, but they get the job done.

 - Thin, comfy leggings to wear under jeans.

 - Hats and scarves are non-negotiable must-haves.

 - And my favorite chapstick.

Now if I could just get my puppy to be that sleepy and sweet...

No comments:

Post a Comment