amazon.com/authors/laurengilley

You can check out my books on Amazon.com, and at Barnes & Noble too.

Monday, March 3, 2014

Weekend Sowing

Confession: I've seen none of the films that were up for the Oscars last night. Uncool confession: I didn't watch the awards. Downright dorky confession: I wrote and watched Captain America on FX instead. Feel free to X out this browser and write me off as a hopeless case for pop culture awareness.

Just had to get that out of the way.

Saturday was my mom's birthday, and Mom - she's pretty fantastic. She's gone from being a horse show mom to being my biggest fan when it comes to storytelling, and I always hope she knows how much I appreciate her. I made her this pie, which is easy, and delicious, and not on anyone's New Year's diet. And yesterday, we started working on her new veggie garden, the makings of which were her birthday gifts. We started seeds in these little peat pots.

I thought the seed packages were really pretty. Pay no attention to how weird my thumb looks - fingers are not for photographing.

 
 


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment