amazon.com/authors/laurengilley

You can check out my books on Amazon.com, and at Barnes & Noble too.

Friday, March 14, 2014

Nerd Things - 3/14


source: spirit-of-metal.com
So apparently, Led Zeppelin has announced they will "Reissue First 3 LPs With Unreleased Songs." Um....yes, please! My mom emailed me about it this morning while I was at the barn and I power-walked back to the house to Google it. I'm not sure if I could love any of their stuff more than "Whole Lotta Love," but bring on the secret tracks!












source: amazon.com
Releasing on DVD: Frozen comes out March 18. I haven't seen it yet - I really didn't want to sit in a theater full of little kids, however crappy that is of me to admit - but I've heard nothing but good things. "Let It Go" has been on my writing iTunes playlist for months. And I love that Disney has been focusing on family relationship themes and not just romantic entanglements.





















The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug comes out April 8. I only saw it in theaters once (that's compared to the three times I saw each Lord of the Rings movie in theaters back in the day). Yes, I will buy the theatrical-length DVD and watch, and yes, I will then buy the extended edition when it comes out in November. Shameless, so shameless.










source: bbcamerica.com


On TV: Orphan Black returns Saturday April 19th on BBC America. Last season got me hooked and left off on a cliffhanger. I love this show because, while twisty-turny, it doesn't try to pull a fast one over on the audience, and doesn't back itself into corners that require next-to-magic to get out of again. The breadcrumbs are all there, and the characters are fascinating, and beautifully acted. Season two looks twice as intense, and I can't wait.






Reading: I found a battered copy of The Once and Future King by T.H. White while searching through some old boxes yesterday. It's one of the new classics I've been meaning to read, and now I don't have to buy it. Score.



















source: pinterest
Pinning: Scene panels (not mine) of
fox!Robin from the animated Robin Hood circa '73. I adore this movie. Even all grown up, it's so...appropriate, in so many way. It's one of those creative influences from my formative years I'll always keep in the holster. 

No comments:

Post a Comment