amazon.com/authors/laurengilley

You can check out my books on Amazon.com, and at Barnes & Noble too.

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Happy Tolkien Reading Day

It's Tolkien Reading Day. My all time favorite - everything. Author. Stories. Movies. My muse. I wanted to share some of my favorite quotes.



“There is some good in this world, and it's worth fighting for.”
J.R.R. Tolkien, The Two Towers

“Some who have read the book, or at any rate have reviewed it, have found it boring, absurd, or contemptible, and I have no cause to complain, since I have similar opinions of their works, or of the kinds of writing that they evidently prefer.”
J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

“Fairy tale does not deny the existence of sorrow and failure: the possibility of these is necessary to the joy of deliverance. It denies (in the face of much evidence, if you will) universal final defeat...giving a fleeting glimpse of Joy; Joy beyond the walls of the world, poignant as grief.”
J.R.R. Tolkien

“If this is to be our end, then I would have them make such an end, as to be worthy of remembrance.”
J.R.R. Tolkien, The Two Towers


"A day may come when the courage of Men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of wolves and shattered shields when the Age of Men comes crashing down, but it is not this day! This day we fight!"

-  J.R.R. Tolkien, Aragorn, The Return of the King

No comments:

Post a Comment