amazon.com/authors/laurengilley

You can check out my books on Amazon.com, and at Barnes & Noble too.

Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Workshop Wednesday - Wisdom From Anne Rice

I was so thrilled to get my signed copy of Prince Lestat last fall.
I love Anne Rice's work. Love, love. She pens the most beautiful, lush, richly detailed prose, and her characters are unparalleled. Lestat came into my life at just the right time, and I can't remember a point when I've had so much enjoyment in a marathon reading of an entire series. The Brat Prince is on my very short list of very favorite characters of all time.

She posted this lovely nugget of wisdom on Easter to her FB page, and it really struck a chord with me. "Go where the pain is; go where the pleasure is; have faith in your vision and protect your vision." As writers, we exorcise our own demons while walking our characters through their darkest moments. I love the way she encourages young hopeful writers (hey, that's me!) and is so committed to the artistic side of writing. She has never been one to follow trends. She does her own thing, and her thing is beautiful and spiritual, and deep and dark as oceans.

Thank you, Mrs. Rice, for helping make me a better writer.

No comments:

Post a Comment