amazon.com/authors/laurengilley

You can check out my books on Amazon.com, and at Barnes & Noble too.

Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Nerd Things 4/7

I haven't done one of these posts in a while, and it's high time, because there's lots of geeky things for me to be excited about. I won't flood you all at once; let's make this a regular thing again.

On the Big Screen
I'm going to try - try - not to turn into an incoherent mess of fangirling excitement between now and May 1st, which is when Avengers: Age of Ultron releases. I am so excited for this movie. With Joss Whedon back at the helm, and these characters I adore - safe to say I won't be disappointed.

On the Small Screen
Orphan Black returns April 18th to BBC America, and if you haven't ever watched, I truly can't recommend it enough. It's smart, it's wonderfully acted, and the cast of characters (most of which are played by the amazing Tatiana Maslany) are so vivid and likeable. They show great growth, and you root for them all the way between shocked gasps. The sci-fi element is deftly handled. Love this show.

Things Down the Line
The December Sherlock special is going to be set in Victorian times, and I don't have any idea how to express my delight in a coherent fashion.

There's a new sample chapter up for The Winds of Winter which leaves me hopeful that a release announcement for the book isn't too far off. I stopped watching the show a season ago; I don't care how the showrunners end it - I just want the books.


No comments:

Post a Comment