amazon.com/authors/laurengilley

You can check out my books on Amazon.com, and at Barnes & Noble too.

Thursday, September 25, 2014

The Carpathians



If you're reading Fearless (Part I of book one of my new Dartmoor Series can be found here) then you've heard mention of the as-of-yet-unseen Carpathians, the rival club and vicious enemy of the Lean Dogs. I talked about the Lean Dog legend in this post from a few weeks ago, so I thought I'd talk a little bit about the baddies today.

The Carpathians are a chain of mountains located in eastern Europe that passes through Czech Republic, Slovakia, Poland, Hungary, Ukraine, and Romania. They are wild, Old World mountains, full of bears, lynxes...and wolves. Legends, superstitions, old tales.

In Fearless, the Carpathians' logo is a snarling wolf, a werewolf, more properly. And everyone knows what wolves do to dogs. And what dogs do to wolves.

No comments:

Post a Comment