amazon.com/authors/laurengilley

You can check out my books on Amazon.com, and at Barnes & Noble too.

Saturday, September 13, 2014

Can I Have Pasta for Breakfast? Or: The Random Thoughts of the Chronically Sleep Deprived

The Pioneer Woman
I woke up wanting pasta. With tons of olive oil, with garlic, fresh parsley, and mountains of parm. Is that possible? No? Okay. Peanut butter toast it is. A poor substitute in every sense of the word. 

I've had this book sitting on my shelf, waiting to be read for a week now, and I haven't had time to so much as crack the cover. I need to block off a couple hours for sitting on the porch with a glass of wine and diving into it.

I'm taking Viktor here today, to do some much-needed essentials shopping and to get him out and about in the world. Everyone we bump into in public thinks he's a girl. I don't really know why. He has such a "wassup, bro" look on his face at all times.

I need some new wool socks for the winter, and I have no idea where to find some really good thick ones. Cutsie dress socks inside of  work boots do not make for anything pretty.

I need a nap. And it's only 10:30.

I have a birthday party to go to and I wonder how much writing I'll get done today. Not much, I don't think.

If you missed my 12,000 mentions of it, Keeping Bad Company released yesterday and can be found here. Fearless Part I: Lying Down With Dogs can be found here. There's some crossover between the two. Mercy and Walsh make rather large cameos in KBC. It's fun.

I hope you have some pasta in your pantry, unlike me - and I hope that didn't sound dirty somehow. Pasta in your pantry...yeah, you could dirty that up if you wanted. I'm too tired to laugh at my own stupid joke.

Happy Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment