amazon.com/authors/laurengilley

You can check out my books on Amazon.com, and at Barnes & Noble too.

Friday, April 4, 2014

Nerd Things 4/4

My brain's tired. I got so much more writing done this week than I thought I would, and that's a great thing - but I need a spot of downtime. I need my nerd things, so I can regroup and get energized again.

Listening to: THIS SONG. "Classic" by MKTO. iTunes knows my weakness for pop, and it kept suggesting it to me, but I didn't hear it until I saw these guys on TV this week. It samples a little from the Jackson 5, in a really great, homage-paying way.

Reading: South of Broad by Pat Conroy...because Pat Conroy.


There's a New Jag ad: "The Art of Villainy" - in which my favorite Brit recites lines from Richard II.

Speaking of my favorite Marvel alums...

Out Today: The Winter Solider. Hoping I can get to it within the next week. It looks fantastic.

Back to TV: Game of Thrones returns with season 4 this Sunday. I figure I'll watch it, or at least start the season. This show has the perfect cast, but the stories aren't just being embellished anymore, or shortened for time - the characters I love from the novels are being altered and lost along the way, in favor of US TV shock value rather than the more literary bend of the source material. Unpopular opinion, I know. I just really want Martin to get the next book finished.

In my Hands: The giveaway books are here. They're all ready for their new homes; giveaway ends April 25, so there's still plenty of time to enter.
 
Now, if I can get a margarita, this'll cap off a pretty nice week.

No comments:

Post a Comment