amazon.com/authors/laurengilley

You can check out my books on Amazon.com, and at Barnes & Noble too.

Thursday, August 29, 2013

Copper Rose

The horses got new shoes today, and look what my farrier brought me. He's a true old school cowboy, and is a real craftsman; he makes wood and tooled leather picture frames. He bronzed a pair of Cosmo's shoes for me so they'd keep forever. And he does all sorts of metal work.

This rose is made of copper and mounted on a piece of grounding wire. He says all the colors come out naturally when heating the metal. It's not painted at all. Isn't it cool? The petals and leaves were shaped by hand. I think it's just so pretty. And unlike the roses in the garden, it won't wilt. Now I've got to find a vase for it that won't tip over.




1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! I've never seen anything like that.

    ReplyDelete