amazon.com/authors/laurengilley

You can check out my books on Amazon.com, and at Barnes & Noble too.

Thursday, May 7, 2015

Nerd Things - Marvel Edition



(Not my gif; property of its creator; don't sue me, you won't get much)

Where do I start?

Okay, I'll start with, I still haven't seen Age of Ultron. Things have been a little abnormal the last week or so schedule-wise, and I'm telling myself that waiting to see the movie will pay off, that I'll have more fun when I'm less distracted.

Second off, there's just lots of Marvel Cinematic Universe stuff in entertainment news right now, and I need to take a time out from being Stern Writer Girl and just be a fangirl, and throw a bunch of links at you.

Bear with me.

My brother works in a movie theater, and so he has all the early scoop. So after Idris Elba said this...I needed to know if it was true. Needed.

Turns out, the Loki scene was cut.


Sadness. Much sadness.

But I've heard nothing but great things, love the other characters, and I can cope until...July 2017. JULY 2017.


I'm fine. Totally fine.

Also tipping my hand as to my favorite character, so I'll stop now.

Martin Freeman has joined the cast for Captain America: Civil War. I laughed when I read the headline. Gleeful laughter, because Marvel has decided not one, but all my favorite UK actors (Doctor Strange, helloooo) need to be part of the MCU. Gold stars all around, guys.

Here's the full lineup (it's filming in Atlanta!) for Civil War. It feels like everyone's in it, which is fitting, considering the comic on which it's loosely based.

Admittedly, I'm on the fence about Ant-Man. I need to watch the film before I'm totally on board with Paul Rudd joining this amazing crew of superheroes (and super secondary characters).

I haven't had a chance to watch Daredevil on Netflix, but I've heard nothing but good things. That can be a post-Half My Blood-release marathon.

Okay...I'll power down the excitement now. Needless to say, I think Marvel's got some of the smartest, most interesting and dynamic characters going in film right now, and I couldn't be more excited about their lineup for the next few years.

Thank you for enduring my geekiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment