amazon.com/authors/laurengilley

You can check out my books on Amazon.com, and at Barnes & Noble too.

Thursday, May 21, 2015

Controlled Chaos


As of this moment, I have errant segments of story in handwritten notebooks and on my old iTunes-relegated computer. It is literally all over the place. Figuratively, though? Half My Blood has come together in ways that are artistically and analytically unexpected. Very much not all over the place at this point. What started as a fluff piece, a quick read I'd planned in order to explore Remy's coming into the world, took turns I didn't expect, and grew into something that is a slow-burning lead-in to so much of the epic narrative moving forward. This has become the most challenging project, which is part of what's made it so enjoyable. It's upped the ante for The Skeleton King. And I hope it will be as much fun to read as it has been to write.

It is my hope to be able to share a special sneak peek of The Skeleton King at the end of Half My Blood. The novella releases June 16th.

No comments:

Post a Comment