amazon.com/authors/laurengilley

You can check out my books on Amazon.com, and at Barnes & Noble too.

Monday, February 23, 2015

Music Monday - 2/23


Story inspiration songs today. It's been my hope, as I share tidbits and teasers, that I'm not presenting Angels as a religious story, because it certainly is not. But thanks to the nature of it, I do love playing up the imagery of wings, of flying, of unearthly grace. There's something ethereal and special for me in this book, and so the music becomes reflective of that. There are section of the narrative that feel bluegrass and melancholy in my head, so that's where I went with today's picks.

"I'll Fly Away" - Alison Krauss and Gillian Welch

"Dust to Dust" - The Civil Wars

"If I Die Young" - The Band Perry

"Blackbird" - Sarah Darling

"Wayfaring Stranger" - Jack White

No comments:

Post a Comment