amazon.com/authors/laurengilley

You can check out my books on Amazon.com, and at Barnes & Noble too.

Monday, February 2, 2015

Music Monday - 2/2



Oftentimes, a song will inspire a moment in a story I'm writing, but is too distracting to listen to while writing. Anything with catchy lyrics becomes more of a hindrance than a help. The words I'm writing become eclipsed in my head by these vocalized words.

So I like to listen to instrumental albums when I'm writing. Here's what's powering me through Angels:

Some of American composer Aaron Copland's songs have become really familiar, thanks to beef commercials, more than anything. I love his pastoral, Western orchestra pieces. This album is a great compilation.

I mentioned this movie a few months ago, and I admit I got a little obsessed. There was so much about it that left an impression. The soundtrack I love. It's got that grungy, throbbing sound you expect from Detroit rock. It's a little spooky, and a lot melancholy, and it's great listening while I work on this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment