amazon.com/authors/laurengilley

You can check out my books on Amazon.com, and at Barnes & Noble too.

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Slooooowing Down


Beginnings of projects are supercharged. The first half flies past. But the second half goes slower. And then you get to the very end...slower, and slower and s  l   o   w   e   r.

An omen: pushing my wheelbarrow out this morning, I came across this guy. Right in my path. The face of slowness. "Appropriate" doesn't begin to describe that coincidence.

Days like today, I have to remind myself that even if it feels painstakingly sluggish, all the obsessing and worrying and nitpicking will pay off in the end. Get it? The end? A meticulous ending to a story is what separates between good and great. It brings people back for more. Cheers to slow days here at the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment