amazon.com/authors/laurengilley

You can check out my books on Amazon.com, and at Barnes & Noble too.

Monday, June 30, 2014

Monday, Monday


Look at that. That thunderhead deserves its own free verse poem. It stormed yesterday, and then rained again this morning; while I was waiting for the downpour to pass, I got to get some writing done before I fed the horses. Sometimes that's the most peaceful, perfect time for writing - when you're up before you expected to be. I always write in the morning - which is why I don't post on here every day; some days my mind is just too tangled to handle this place too - but before the horses, that's almost unheard of.

I worked on the short story I've been talking about, "Things That Go Bang in the Night," this weekend, working on my old music-only computer and listening to this song more times than necessary. I really love working on short stories - or oneshots, as this one is. I love, love, love character-building sets of scenes without having to worry about moving the plot along or keeping up with those tiresome, tangling loose threads. A oneshot is a chance for me, as a writer, to say, "Hey, I can write that if I want to."This one started as a way to beat writer's block, and developed into an exploration of things that need discussing between God Love Her and KBC. I want to release it this weekend, a fun little holiday read.

I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment