amazon.com/authors/laurengilley

You can check out my books on Amazon.com, and at Barnes & Noble too.

Monday, January 20, 2014

On the Other Side of the Camera


Writing is a silent performing art. Watching someone write is like watching paint dry; all the drama unfolds on the page. That's perfect for me: I can't sing or dance; I'm not fond of public speaking; and most of the time I'd just as soon melt into the upholstery as be noticed by anyone. But, unfortunately, books don't sell themselves, and I have to have photos to use on all the various social media sites. Saying I'm uncomfortable on the other side of the camera would be a massive understatement. Yesterday, I had to grin and bear it, because I'm in need of some new headshots. I want to take a moment to acknowledge my mom's mad picture-snapping skills, the natural farm light, and my animals, for trying their best to distract me from what is always a painful process.


 
 



I love my camera. It's a Sony Cyber-Shot digital and was a college graduation present from my aunt, uncle, and cousin. The image quality, when I take garden pictures, is so clean and the colors come through so bright. If you're  looking for a slim, pocket-sized camera that takes pics as well as the hulking neck-strap kind, this is a fantastic one.



I'm glad that's over! Now I can focus on getting the book ready to roll out.

No comments:

Post a Comment