amazon.com/authors/laurengilley

You can check out my books on Amazon.com, and at Barnes & Noble too.

Sunday, December 22, 2013

Season's Greetings



Two days till Christmas, and it's 73 degrees and it's been raining for hours. I won't complain; Christmas is unnecessarily stressful, so it's a nice day to curl up with a book and The Hollow Crown, so that's just what I'm going to do. Henry V, here I come.

Season's Greetings, everyone, if I'm not back before Christmas. However you celebrate - whether it's with tinsel and presents, or reflective moments in the glow of tree lights, or with family, or in no particular way at all - I hope there's a measure of peace for all of you. I've learned, through the years, the sometimes the perfect holiday is a moment of stillness, doing nothing special.

It's a working holiday for me. Aren't they all? God Love Her is coming to a close quite nicely and should be ready for release soon. I have two January deadlines I'm working toward with submission pieces, one a contest and one a literary magazine, both of which I hope to be able to share here. It's been a busy year for words and fiction, and I'm grateful for the chance to be able tell my stories. I want to take a moment to thank, most sincerely, my readers. Every ounce of feedback puts the spurs to creativity; every finished story makes me want to start another. So I thank the kind readers who are willing to crack covers and take chances. You give me hope :)

Happy Holidays, all.

No comments:

Post a Comment