amazon.com/authors/laurengilley

You can check out my books on Amazon.com, and at Barnes & Noble too.

Friday, November 30, 2012

November's Last Day



Winter won't be here officially for another few weeks, but it already feels like autumn is gone. The grass has stopped growing, all but the bravest of leaves have fallen, the horses are in their blankets and I'm searching for my pom-pom ski cap in the top of the closet. Christmas brings color and vibrancy back into the world, but only for a short spell, and then it's a long wait for spring. This is a good time of year for reading (hint: I have book recommendations if you're in need of them!) and writing, and it's also the time of year when I realize that if I can barely survive a Georgia winter, I'm never moving out West!

November gets plowed over by Christmas most of the time, but while I'm still shivering in front of my space heater doing a whole lot of blank staring out the window, I realized how pretty the end of autumn is in its own right.

 
 
Markus sees and hears everything. He was eating acorns when the first picture was snapped...
 
 
 
 
...but then he turned around because he is Markus. And he is lead horse. And he will break that which he does not accept...like my camera or any other unfortunate object left within his reach.


 
 
This was the last flare of color in the trees.
 
 
 
Happy Friday, everyone. I hope you're all feeling better than I am. I should have more chapters of Better Than You up soon.


2 comments:

  1. Such beautiful pictures! The Fall color is gorgeous! I love Christmas, but the wait for Spring following New Year's is a long time. Good reading weather though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could get totally bogged down in a book when it's cold. You can imagine how productive that is!

      Delete