amazon.com/authors/laurengilley

You can check out my books on Amazon.com, and at Barnes & Noble too.

Sunday, April 28, 2019

Sunday Updates 4/28

Currently: quietly devastated with the way the MCU chose to end Steve Rogers' arc - or, more aptly stated, alter it. I ranted about it here

Also, not all that surprised. Film of all kinds has a habit of fascinating me, pulling me in, and then faltering. I shall pretend the film doesn't exist and power forward.

On a reading front, I'm almost finished with Pawn in Frankincense and Caesar.
Also reading The Perfect Assassin,


Looking forward to the release of:



Less than 48 hours from the release of Dragon Slayer, I'm humming with quiet anxiety; excited; concentrating on work with difficulty. It's warm outside. I'm no longer feverish, even if I don't feel exactly well yet. 634 words on the day and thinking that's nothing to sneeze at given the circumstances. Also, because I'm me, feeling very much like I haven't' accomplished enough, and like I need to get busy, because I want Golden Eagle out before the end of the year. 

One of my major motivations is wanting, for purely personal reasons, to carry my characters' stories forward. I want to put out the next book for my readers' benefit, yes, but I also want the chance to explore the fallout of the scenarios that played out in each installment of a series. For instance: lots of big, important things happen in DS...and there will be consequences that carry forward. There are emotions to unpack; traumas to face and wrestle with. Bonds to explore in new ways. I love that; I love digging into their brains and helping them heal and seeing how they grow. I'm a writer who enjoys the emotional journey above all else - I'm that kind of reader/viewer, too. So even though a part of me wants nothing more than to lie down and take a nap and just enjoy being done with this book...I also can't wait to keep going. I don't feel like a puppet master, but, rather, a poor beat reporter chasing my subjects around with a notepad and a tape recorder. They don't want to slow down, and neither do I, really. 

I'm SO excited for readers to get to the epilogue of DS...while acknowledgeing that I have a LONG way to go before the next book is finished. I'm working on it, promise! I love these characters to much and can't wait to share their future adventures with everyone. 

Hope you've all had a lovely weekend. I'm going to go read for a while, and prepare myself for tonight's GOT. 





  

1 comment:

  1. I loved When Christ and His Saints Slept. Sharon Kay Penman is amazing.

    ReplyDelete