amazon.com/authors/laurengilley

You can check out my books on Amazon.com, and at Barnes & Noble too.

Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Welcome to NaNo!


It's the first day of NaNoWriMo 2016! I'm using exclamation points to hide how stressed I am about it!

It's 11:15 on the east coast and I just hit my word count goal for the day, so that's exciting. I'm not signed up anywhere to participate officially, but I'm going to (try to) chronicle my daily progress here and on Instagram (@hppress).

So Happy kickoff and Happy #TeaserTuesday! I can't wait to share this book with everyone.



~*~

Walking Wounded
Copyright © 2016 by Lauren Gilley

            Will went up to his own room and found Finn there, sitting on his bed and paging through a comic without any interest. Will eased the door shut and kicked off his shoes, walked to the bed and sat down beside his friend.
            Finn sat with his legs curled up beneath him, head bowed, stare fixed on the patterned quilt while his fingers mindlessly turned the pages. His profile, limned in the soft silvery snow light coming through the window, was a finely-wrought shadow, precise lines and endless eyelashes. He sucked his lower lip between his teeth. “I didn’t really know him that well.”
            Will put his arm around Finn’s shoulders, felt the fine tremors of suppressed emotion.
            “Will, I want to go to war,” he whispered, fierce and heartbroken. “I want to kill them.”

No comments:

Post a Comment