amazon.com/authors/laurengilley

You can check out my books on Amazon.com, and at Barnes & Noble too.

Monday, November 14, 2016

NaNo Day 14: Setback


Luke's writing nook in Georgetown

The last three days were pretty much a total waste. I, as usual, came down with some sort of sickness and was a lump of human uselessness. Fever, aches, chills, headache, the whole bit. That's why I don't like to set firm release dates or deadlines, because I inevitably get sick and it throws everything off.

But I'm back at it today, slow but steady style, and I am so, so close to being done with Walking Wounded. That's so exciting for me! It means I'll have plenty of time for edits, rewrites, and the like. In a lot of ways, I'll be sad to finish it, because it's been the best writing experience - the most artistic and driven - I've had in over a year. But that just means it's time to start work on something new that can give me that same feeling.

Favorite lines of the day:

But in the end, he keeps it simple. He tells his children this:
            He doesn’t regret it. Not one second.

1 comment:

  1. You have spoiled me to the point that I am dissatisfied with many of the other authors I read. You truly have a unique gift.

    ReplyDelete