amazon.com/authors/laurengilley

You can check out my books on Amazon.com, and at Barnes & Noble too.

Monday, July 7, 2014

Back to Work Monday?

So my dad and I took a little road trip to Alabama on Saturday. And look what we came back with.


This is Viktor. Teeny tiny Viktor. He's six weeks and already such a fierce little monster (in a cute way). I got Riddick at 13 weeks, and he was already starting to act more like an adult, so it's fun to see this puppy in his little kid stage. He's not afraid of anything! The neighbors were shooting off some belated fireworks last night and he watched them, not at all frightened.


He's taking a morning nap at the moment, so I have time to get this post written. I apologize in advance, because I may be erratic in the next week or so, while I get him on a schedule. A six week-old puppy is a lot like having a human baby. Crying in the middle of the night, frequent feeding, bursts of energy and righteous naps.

I won't lie; I still miss my Riddick like crazy. But the house sure isn't quiet anymore, and this little guy is already such a bright spot, all happy energy and playfulness. It helps.

Did everyone Stateside have a nice holiday? I love the 4th because it's a little more low key and less stressful than, say, Christmas. It's all about barbecue and drinks and relaxing. And America. It's easy to get caught up in the day to day politics and BS; it's nice to take a step back and appreciate the country itself, for what it is, and what it gives us. My two cents, anyway.

My cousin was in Alabama for business and brought back a nice little bundle of fireworks. Roman candles. Sparklers. I can't remember the last time I held a sparkler. And all of my cousins' neighbors had fireworks, too, so the whole street echoed with the thumping of artillery and the sky was a kaleidoscope of light. It was such a fun night.

Today is supposed to be "back to work Monday" according to the news. Um...I need another weekend to recover from that weekend. My "plan" - and I use that term loosely - is to do some editing during Viktor's nap times. Wish me luck. And prepare yourselves for puppy picture spam in the weeks ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment