amazon.com/authors/laurengilley

You can check out my books on Amazon.com, and at Barnes & Noble too.

Monday, May 5, 2014

Monday Ramblings

I woke up with words this morning, so it was writing first, blogging second. Some days it's just like that - the alarm goes off and there, hovering over me within easy reach, are the words that eluded me the day before. It's a nice feeling.



I don't know about y'all, but I got my margarita on this weekend, so it's a nice sober Cinco de Mayo for me today.

I spent a good chunk of time painting the veggie garden fence, getting sunburned and paint-spattered. There's still paint on my hands I can't get off. As you can see, I'm far from done. Still have to get the pergola, and go around the inside of each picket. And that's just the first coat. I had no idea a 16x16 garden would take so long to paint. My farrier pointed out that it looks a lot like a cemetery; now, I can't look at it without thinking that. Because it does. Wish I was still blissfully ignorant on that front, but hopefully the white paint will help.

 
 
Mother's Day is coming up. Trying to think which dessert I want to make. Something chocolate, I'm thinking. Maybe a different spin on the ice cream pie I made a couple months ago.

Hoping to get tons of writing done this week, and be able to share the first few chapters of Keeping Bad Company very soon. (Friday, but don't quote me on that)

Have a great Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment