amazon.com/authors/laurengilley

You can check out my books on Amazon.com, and at Barnes & Noble too.

Monday, May 26, 2014

Lines 5/26

Under the cut for language. One F-bomb.



 
      
Keeping Bad CompanyCopyright © 2014 by Lauren Gilley
 
 
           “You think I haven’t been hurt before?”

            The thought had crossed his mind; how often in his career had he seen the abused become the abuser? He said, “I think this whole situation is fucked up beyond belief. I think I’m probably going to lose my badge. I think Layla Hammond just jumped up a few pegs on my list of scariest people. And I think if I could just get some sleeping pills, and the greasiest slice of pizza, it might make this day slightly less shitty. But I’ve got no idea what I think about you.”

           

 

No comments:

Post a Comment