amazon.com/authors/laurengilley

You can check out my books on Amazon.com, and at Barnes & Noble too.

Monday, September 23, 2013

Welcome Fall

I can't tell you how much I love this time of year. The older I get, the more cold-natured I become, the more I appreciate summer's heat. But there's something wondrous about fall.



I love the color of the sunlight this time of year. Right now, it's crisp and clear, and as October arrives, it will revolve through a kaleidoscope of honeys and golds and rich cider tones in the evenings. It's not hazy in fall; everything is sharp-edged and pungent. The smell of a fresh wood fire, the sweet decay of leaf litter: magic. Before the knifing of winter winds and the numbness of fingers and toes drives me into my lair, I love enjoying this season. The horses love it too. The summer slump falls away and a little bit of optimism returns.

I'm choosing to blame this on my new optimism...



I'd love to get this done and have it available for the fall/winter holiday season. In addition to God Love Her, of course. That one is coming right along. Ha! Let's see how much I can get done.

No comments:

Post a Comment