amazon.com/authors/laurengilley

You can check out my books on Amazon.com, and at Barnes & Noble too.

Friday, September 6, 2013

Connections



For me, the most challenging part of writing is not putting the book together - it's making the social connections necessary to get my work out there. Because it isn't just meeting new friends; it's meeting people and then telling them about your work. And this is where my shyness becomes a big problem. I always worry that I'm imposing on someone; that he or she doesn't want anything to do with my work and that I'm being a bother. And I hate being a bother. I hate imposing. I hate for others to feel obligated. It's funny - the same quietness that makes me well-suited for writing makes me very ill-suited for marketing. And like all fears and doubts and semi-crippling problems that exist in our imaginations, it's something I have to push past, and it's something that causes some stress. I've been working on it this past year.

Today, my sweet cousin Lesley is sharing my Walker Series on her blog. Seeing my book covers on another blog made me blush! Lesley's been at this a lot longer than I have and she has a gorgeous blog over at lesleywgraham.com where she talks about motherhood, recipes, healthy living, fashion, home design, and her real life as captured through her own beautiful photography. Lesley has been such a supportive voice when it comes to writing and blogging, inspiring me to start my own blog, and her blog is so truly pretty in so many ways. I really appreciate my creative cousin sharing my work with her followers!

2 comments:

  1. thank you for the kind words lauren!! it is such a pleasure having you on the blog. don't let fear dull your shine, girl (working on this myself!). keep pushing onward!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's enough stuff out there to dull a shine without doing it to ourselves, huh? Thank you so much for the support!! It means so much.

      Delete