amazon.com/authors/laurengilley

You can check out my books on Amazon.com, and at Barnes & Noble too.

Friday, May 3, 2013

Touch of Luck



I said a week ago that I don't believe in letting small coincidences stack up without noticing them. I'm a little bit superstitious, I guess. At every show, I always had to wear a blue shirt. And my four-leaf clover necklace, and my moose antler pin. I have stones with clovers set in them. A moose necklace. A lucky walnut shell in my windowsill. A handful of shiny round buckeyes. I believe in hard work and perseverance and toeing the line. But I believe that a touch of luck never hurt anyone.

I found a four-leaf clover a few weeks ago; it was a little chewed-on, but just as lucky, I think. And I found another one today. I pressed them between the pages of a book so they'll keep. Writers slave over manuscripts, but it takes a lucky roll of the dice that a reader will pick up a book and crack a cover. Guess I'm feeling a little lucky today, is all.

Have a lovely weekend, everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment