amazon.com/authors/laurengilley

You can check out my books on Amazon.com, and at Barnes & Noble too.

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

I write because...

I write because...

I never had the stomach for public performance.

There are so many words that want to be spoken in silence.

No one can tell the stories swimming in my head but me.

Being quiet doesn't mean I don't have a lot to say.

I can't be the only one to think it takes a special kind of bravery for a character to be a hero in a fictional world of villains.

So often, when I lay my imagination in the hands of others, they let me down.

I can't imagine not writing. And even when I think I ought to stop, it keeps pumping in my veins like a drug.

                
            I'm not sure there's ever been a writer completely satisfied with his or her work. We tell people we are, to project confidence, but deep down, there are always things we would tweak; things we would polish, if given the chance. Is any work ever truly finished? This week, I did a bit of tweaking on Keep You - nitpicky, stylistic writing things, no story changes. I feel like I've grown quite a bit since I wrote it and, while I was disappointed by this at first - why couldn't I have just been better back then? - I realized this is only natural. Every novel makes us better novelists.


You can download Keep You for $3.99 this week. Thank you to all of my readers, because there's nothing quite like being given the opportunity to entertain someone.

No comments:

Post a Comment