amazon.com/authors/laurengilley

You can check out my books on Amazon.com, and at Barnes & Noble too.

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

October



It's my favorite month of the year. By the time we get to December and it's downright cold, then I'm ready for spring; but in the beginning, when change begins, there's a certain undercurrent of excitement in those first cool whisperings of fall.



I love the aesthetics of it; October is a writer's dream. The leaf litter and the smell of woodsmoke. The soft dew-drop sound of fog settling in the trees. The colors. Halloween. And everything is damp and melancholy. There's something about coffee, sweaters and scarves that makes a written scene twice as intimate.



It's the perfect month.

1 comment:

  1. i agree! it's by far one of my very favorite months. love the pictures, lauren!

    ReplyDelete