amazon.com/authors/laurengilley

You can check out my books on Amazon.com, and at Barnes & Noble too.

Friday, March 30, 2012

Favorites

A Song of Ice and Fire series
by George R.R. Martin



I wish I could say I was a fan of this amazing series from the get-go, but instead I have to thank my brother - fellow geek - for pushing the books on me. Because with the exception of The Lord of the Rings trilogy, I don't think I've ever enjoyed any book or group of books more than I have these. I'm more cynical than I used to be and I tend to read as a critic, more for self-education on what I like/don't like and should/should not do with my own writing. But with these books, I'm only a fan, and a rabid fan at that.

The HBO TV adaption - titled after the first book in the series: Game of Thrones - is phenomenal. Season 2 premieres this Sunday, April 1, and I can't recommend it enough...though I think the books are pretty essential!

Thank you, Brother, for letting me borrow your books. For describing The Wall and Winterfell, an honorable family, a bastard boy, and this crazy-complicated web of political intrigue in a way that piqued my imagination. Sometimes, it's really fun being a geek.

Oh, and Winter is Coming...

No comments:

Post a Comment