amazon.com/authors/laurengilley

You can check out my books on Amazon.com, and at Barnes & Noble too.

Thursday, March 15, 2012

100 Words: Little Things


Sometimes a twenty dollar pair of cheap rubber rain boots with daisies on them can make a person ridiculously happy. New rain boots means no wet socks, no blisters, no discolored toes because said wet socks have been soaked with Georgia red clay water.
Little things: calm, grazing horses. A clean truck. A good workout. A good book. My instant coffee in the mornings. My horse’s dog-like propensity to want to be between “scary” strangers and me – he’s a good lead horse, and apparently I’m a part of his herd and not his boss.
I’m boring. But I’m okay with that – I’ve got new rain boots.


3 comments:

  1. Hehehe!! Love the boots! And dry feet are a good thing!!!! It made me ponder my own list... You'd think 100 words is a lot and as I counted them at first It did give that illusion but as with a lot of things, the closer it got to the end, I began really examining and worrying ... Damn... Here goes....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Little things: A favorite song on the radio, crank up the volume and sing along loud. Rainbows, I'll withstand a little rain to witness their beauty. Happy children- mine and others, because really, who wants to share space with miserable kids. Dark chocolate! "Good... Understandable... USEABLE Flashes"!!! Messages from my friends, most make me smile, some make me go, huh? But they mean I'm not alone. Naomi my birdie baby, my itty-bitty-pretty-thing. Coffee, my name is Suz and I'm an addict. Oddly, the chlorine smell of an indoor pool at a hotel, can't explain it... Makes me happy!! Written words!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Flashes!! I always wonder if other people call them "flashes" too. Blurbs, ideas...every story starts with a flash. Amen.

      Delete