amazon.com/authors/laurengilley

You can check out my books on Amazon.com, and at Barnes & Noble too.

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Favorites

Tami Hoag


I love all of her stuff. She went from romance to mystery without missing a beat. Her mix of rich details, intense action, violence and spookiness is so much more gritty and realistic than CSI ever thought about being. Still Waters, Ashes to Ashes, Dark Horse...I haven't read a title by her that wasn't entertaining. Absolutely love her stuff.

And then....



I found out she's a dressage rider.

I was grooming for someone at Regionals one year - a show where all the winners from a particular region compete together for top honors - and was enjoying doing the grunt work and getting to be behind the scenes without the stress of showing myself. I was double checking my rider's ride times when I came across the name d'Artagnan in the show program. Tami's horse! He was no longer Tami's horse, but I knew she rode down in Florida and had obviously sold the gelding to someone else in the region, someone who was at regionals!!

I didn't have time to track down d'Art while I was there, but it's just as well. I was rapidly turning into a fangirl.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE her "Prior Bad Acts". Have not read any of her other stuff although I own a few I found at a yard sale after I devoured PBA.

    ReplyDelete