amazon.com/authors/laurengilley

You can check out my books on Amazon.com, and at Barnes & Noble too.

Thursday, December 7, 2017

A (Dark) Christmas Surprise - Shaman


If you haven't yet seen it on my social media feeds, I released a surprise Dartmoor novella this week. Shaman is Christmas-themed...though more of a Die Hard Christmas vibe than a Hallmark one! It's Ian's story, a follow-up to the parking lot incident in American Hellhound that reminded Ian that, despite his wealth, power, and villainous reputation, he and anyone he cares about are still very vulnerable. 

In general, I wanted to check in with the Dartmoor crew one more time before the year was up. But in particular, Ian's story was one that appealed to me as a writer because it accomplished two things. One: it closed the circuit left open at the end of Loverboy, finding some closure and a beginning for healing for the other half of our badly-abused duo. And two: it was the most unique of the potential Dartmoor stories to tell. Anyone else's story would have been the same-old, same-old, but Ian's could be his own, and I've always enjoyed writing him.

I want to say "thank you" to those who've already read it, and been kind enough to review it. If you haven't read it yet, it's just a short, oddly sweet, expectedly villainous jaunt through the Dartmoor landscape. 

You can find it here on Amazon, and I'll post links for the other sites when it's finally live there. As of now, I'm not planning for it to be out in paperback, so let me know if that's something you want/need. 





No comments:

Post a Comment