amazon.com/authors/laurengilley

You can check out my books on Amazon.com, and at Barnes & Noble too.

Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Tuesday Notes

"Don't try to figure out what other people want to hear from you; figure out what you have to say. It's the one and only thing you have to offer" -Barbara Kingsolver

I've been trying to spend as many weekend hours as possible away from the web and social media. That stuff'll rot your brain. And then yesterday I was on a good writing kick and decided to just stick with it, and save blogging for another day.

Assorted Tuesday notes:

  • I know I have readers in Florida and the Carolinas, and I've been thinking about you all this weekend, hoping that you and yours are okay, and that you rode out the storm.  Florida is big horse country, and one of the things that's always terrified me is the idea of having to evacuate a farm in the event of a hurricane. Evacuation is daunting and difficult for everyone, but throw a barnful of thousand pound animals into the equation, and it's completely overwhelming. I know in hurricane seasons past, Georgia horse show grounds opened up their barns to take in evacuated horses, and I'm sure the offer stood this time. I'm hoping everyone was either able to get out, or able to stay safe. The news footage of the storm surge was terrifying.
  • I had the best of intentions re: The Next Chapter of Dear Heart. I have about half of it written, and had hoped to finish and post it this past weekend. It's not clicking, though, and I've been in a Walking Wounded headspace, so I've been focusing on it the last few days. DH is coming, I promise!
  • With NaNo coming up, and not one, not two, but now three projects sort of in the works - why do I do this? - there are days I find myself scrambling for blog topics. So if there's ever anything you want me to address, be it about a book, character, or writing in general, feel free to leave me a prompt somewhere or shoot me an email. I love to talk about what you guys are interested in!

Working on a #TeaserTuesday post to share and diving back into the game. Wishing everyone the best.

3 comments:

  1. Dear LG - Having read all of the Lean Dog books so far and loving them all, there is one Dog that I am always wanting to know more about and that is RJ. There is a something about him that I would like to read more about. I think there's more to him than just the womanizing. What do you think? I know some fans want to read about Carter but I think RJ would be more interesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Well, I'll be perfectly honest and say that RJ isn't a character I've invested a lot of thought into...but I like that there's enough there that you think about him!

      Delete