amazon.com/authors/laurengilley

You can check out my books on Amazon.com, and at Barnes & Noble too.

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Tuesday Favorites


You know when you find something in the back of your closet that you haven’t been wearing, and you have no idea why not? I came across a pair of jeans today that I’ve had for two years and only worn once. They’re brand new still. A dark, stretchy pair of American Eagle Favorite Boyfriend jeans. I put them on and they’re super comfy. A little relaxed in the legs, but they fit great everywhere that matters. Okay, so why have these been sitting untouched for two years? I think I’ve been afraid to wear anything that wasn’t skin-freaking-tight to make up for my tomboy youth. Ridiculous. No one’s going to accuse me of being sexy, so one pair of jeans won’t make a difference. And this is like I’ve gone shopping and have new jeans. New favorite jeans.

They still have them at AE, so I put a link in the pic. I absolutely love their jeans. They fit. They fit so well. And that’s the thing about jeans: not every girl can wear every label. I spent years and years belting and hiking and struggling with jeans that fit like wet burlap. When you find the brand that hugs just right, it’s a beautiful thing.





I’ve been gluten-free for about a year and a half now, for health reasons. I really don’t miss most of the food. I’m not a foodie, I don’t like to eat, so I get by with salads, grilled chicken, and mix in gluten-free crackers and pasta here and there. But sometimes, you just crave something, you know? I figured out that a toasted gluten-free bagel with Nutella tastes a lot like a chocolate frosted doughnut. Word to the wise.


 
 
In my search for the perfect chap stick, I’m trying Maybelline Baby Lips, and really digging it. It’s buttery soft and smells sweet.
 
 
Now that it’s fall, it’s time for my favorite nail color.

 

 
Today, I’m also working on potential covers for God Love Her. This is my fave so far.
 
Sometimes, it’s good for me to stop and make a list of the day’s favorites. Helps cancel out the not-so-favorites.


1 comment:

  1. Love the book cover! And, wish I could fit in those jeans!

    ReplyDelete