amazon.com/authors/laurengilley

You can check out my books on Amazon.com, and at Barnes & Noble too.

Monday, March 18, 2013

That Weekend



You know that first warm weekend? The first one that isn't cold and gray and doesn't keep you indoors? The first one that feels like Spring? That was this past weekend here. The pears bloomed and the daylight lingered until eight and it was so nice to unplug for the weekend and recharge.

My truck got a much-deserved bath.



I did some editing on Fix You.

I played around with cover images for Made for Breaking - which will be completed and released sometime this summer.

On a farm, weekends are a chance to dig in deeper and work a little harder. Planting and painting and repairing and mowing and riding and washing - cars and horses and dogs alike. I need that. Now that I'm no longer just writing for me - and my work is "out there" - I'm exposed to the overabundance of information out there on the web about book writing/marketing/editing. By the end of the week, I'm a bit of a doubting mess, reeling from all that I've read, wondering if I'm doing what I should. The weekends on the farm are a reminder that no one can know what I "should" do. Writing pulls me the same way the farm has always pulled me, and it's nice to get back to the natural, instinctual side of creativity and step away from the web.

I hope everyone else had a lovely weekend! I've got some deleted scenes coming up this week and a peek back into Made for Breaking.

No comments:

Post a Comment