amazon.com/authors/laurengilley

You can check out my books on Amazon.com, and at Barnes & Noble too.

Saturday, March 9, 2013

A Little Bit of Jessica...

There's something very Dr. Frankenstein about character development. There's no bolts or haphazard stitch-work, but writers are, in essence, creating humans from disassembled bits. For me, this is the best part of writing - developing new characters. It can also be the most challenging. Especially when taking a supporting character from one book and setting her up as the star of her own book. Shifting gears can trip you up. This is Jess, I remind myself, not Jo. Don't make her sound like Jo!



http://www.amazon.com/Born-Fly-Sara-Evans/dp/B00004YRGJ
 I love this album so much. Every song. I love Sara's voice; I love the odd touch of bluegrass woven through the notes of what are already strong country songs. "Born to Fly" was my dumb-kid-dreaming-in-my-room anthem: it fueled my writing...still does, for that matter. I dusted the album off a while back and every song made me think of Jess in some way.

No comments:

Post a Comment