amazon.com/authors/laurengilley

You can check out my books on Amazon.com, and at Barnes & Noble too.

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

100 Words: This Morning



This morning, I finished the last stall and propped my rake against the wall. I was dusting my hands off on the front of one of my favorite old grungy t-shirts when I glanced up and saw a doe standing in the paddock with us (well, me, really, but I’m counting the minis too). She stood, tawny and lanky and wet-nosed and as graceful as a deer can be beneath the dew-glazed leaves of a pecan tree. My brother’s mini gelding, Spoof, trotted to me and plastered himself against the fronts of my legs, his little nostrils flared, startled. She stared at us and we stared at her, and then she was gone, leaping over the fence in one bound from a standstill, cantering off through the forest.

No comments:

Post a Comment