amazon.com/authors/laurengilley

You can check out my books on Amazon.com, and at Barnes & Noble too.

Monday, May 14, 2012

I have no idea what I'm doing

100 Words or thereabouts. A scene I keep seeing thanks to my current musical obsession. May add to it later in the week.



**

I didn’t do all this so I could become somebody. I did so I could keep on being me.

He couldn’t believe he’d said that. He could, but he couldn’t believe he’d said it to her. So many girls would have bought that line, but she hadn’t, and that was one of the things he loved about her: she couldn’t be bought with pretty lines and promises.

His chest full of rocks, he fitted the key into the door of his apartment, called himself ten kinds of foolish for even hoping…
And then her voice was a burst of music in the hall behind him. “Do you honestly think you can say something that cheesy and then just walk away?”

No comments:

Post a Comment