amazon.com/authors/laurengilley

You can check out my books on Amazon.com, and at Barnes & Noble too.

Friday, March 8, 2024

Friday Update 3/8

Day whatever-the-heck of being sick with...covid? Super covid? Recurring covid? Stomach bug? Just my general crappy immune system plus, ahem, monthly stuff? Who knows. But I am upright! I'm even at my desk. I even had coffee. It seems like every time I get on a real roll with working and getting farm stuff handled, I get sick. I think stress - I'm a chihuahua in human form at the best of times - gets my system down, and then I catch something, and then the roll grinds to a halt. 

So. Slow news week around here. I'm hoping to get back into the swing of things this weekend, but still taking it fairly easy today. 

I managed to make some really good headway on Lord Have Mercy before I got sick, so I'm not too worried about the scheduling there. If you're waiting anxiously, and haven't had a chance to read it yet, I'm going to gently nudge you toward College Town, which is very different, but also very soft and sweet beneath its bristled surface. 


There's a strong dash of organized crime action in this one, but lots of domestic, small-town aesthetic, and I'd forgotten how much I missed writing that sort of novel. I'm definitely seeing more romance standalones in my future. 

I hope you'll give it a chance. It certainly hasn't a different feel and flair than, say, Dartmoor, or my fantasy/paranormal books, but it's a fun read. Tidy, tight, steamy, with a surprise twist ending. You can grab it in paperback and ebook. 

Amazon

Barnes & Noble

Kobo

No comments:

Post a Comment