amazon.com/authors/laurengilley

You can check out my books on Amazon.com, and at Barnes & Noble too.

Friday, March 29, 2024

3/4


My proofs for Lord Have Mercy Part III: Rising Sun arrived in the mail yesterday, so now it's time for editing. I've been feeling pretty "meh" and discouraged this week thinking about how much book is still left to write, and how much work it's going to be, so I decided to take my physical copies, stack them together, and give everyone an idea of where we stand 3/4th of the way through the unreasonably large tenth installment of the Dartmoor Series. 


Part 3 is the shortest section yet, at only 237 pages (in print) but it's a wallop of a punch as far as tension goes. Rising Sun separates our intrepid bikers into three main groups, each with a different objective, but never fear: all of them will reconvene in Part 4 and serve up some badly-needed justice to everyone who's earned it. 

Parts 1 through 3 together total 938 pages. 

938 pages!! 

Fearless was 738, for reference. And we're not even done! I have my suspicions that its final form will be too long to be printed into one paperback edition. If that's the case, I'll leave it in four parts for paperback, but WILL offer a compiled Kindle edition, the price for which will be the total of all four Kindle editions combined. The cost will end up being the same whether you purchased it in installments, or all at once, to keep things balanced. 

It's going to take a lot of coffee and a lot of long walks to get to the finish line. Wish me luck. Part 3 will *hopefully* be available in a week or so. 


 

6 comments:

  1. Wishing you luck, coffee, and all the love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your hard work. This die hard fan loves & appreciates every word. Brenda C VA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for your amazing books, your amazing Characters that are so real like. I am being patient

    ReplyDelete
  4. You do such an amazing job bringing this world to life. The characters are complex and feel so real. I’m grateful for the time you spend giving them voices and I hope it’s never not worth it to you. It would be our loss.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So excited for more Lean Dogs! I hope we see some Walsh! Regardless, I am all in.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wishing you much luck! Your books can’t be too long. I don’t ever want them to be over.

    ReplyDelete