amazon.com/authors/laurengilley

You can check out my books on Amazon.com, and at Barnes & Noble too.

Friday, February 18, 2022

Friday Recap (2/18)



 We made it to Friday! I don't know why I used that exclamation point; I work every day, there's no such thing as weekends. I just need a good exclamation point now and then, lest I complete my final transformation into human Eeyore. 

Anyway, in my 2022 quest to be more active around these parts, I thought I would start doing Friday recaps. That way, if you missed anything, you can find it all in one place. 

It was a good writing and posting week. 

  • I updated The Wild Charge twice, with chapters Thirty-One and Thirty-Two. I'm working on Thirty-Three today, and hope to have it up either this afternoon or tomorrow. I always post updates on Twitter and FB, or you can follow the story on Wattpad. 

  • I shared two extended teaser snippets from Demon of the Dead: Failsafe, a glimpse at Nali leading the cousins through a binding spell, and a short Amelia snippet for Teaser Tuesday. 

  • Anne Rice's The Wolf Gift was my third completed book of 2022's #ReadingLife post series. 

  • As far as current reads go, I'm still chipping away at the inimitable Dorothy Dunnett's Gemini; I reached the 75% mark in The Raven King, and that shocker of an OMG/holy shit moment (Drake); received book mail in the form of Michael Moorcock's Elric of Melnibone; and am still in the middle of Go Tell The Bees That I Am Gone. (and still traumatized by the scene with the bear. Holy crap. I never know which scene from a book will be the one that grabs, but now I'm wondering what else is in store for the rest of the story)

  • I started a new blog post series in which I'm going to outline my whole writing "Process," and it kicked off with conceptualization this week.  

  • Lastly, I shared some errant future Dartmoor thoughts about the second generation on my author FB page, which you can find here

Have a lovely weekend, everyone! 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for posting this recap. For some reason, I've never visited your Facebook page, and I would have missed that BRILLIANT musing over next gen Dartmoor.

    ReplyDelete