amazon.com/authors/laurengilley

You can check out my books on Amazon.com, and at Barnes & Noble too.

Sunday, September 25, 2016

Sunday Update


Research weekend!

Well, research + back resting + football watching + reading weekend.

I did all my primary outlaw biker research when I was in college and writing fanfiction, so I haven't had to do any extensive research in a while. It feels a little like being back in school, and it's also kind of exhilarating. In so many ways, I think I've learned more - and retained more - through writing research than I ever did in school. (Not totally true; college taught me how to run a business, and how to analyze literature; research has taught me about years past)

So anyway, I'm researching my next big novel, my NaNo project, and I'm dying to talk about it...but I can't. Not yet. I tend to overshare my WIPs, and I really don't want to do that this time. Which makes me feel really bad that I won't be blogging about my current project, but I also feel free to experience it without expectation. I'm having lots of fun with it. My fam looks at me like I'm insane when I tell them about it - it's a complicated story, y'all - but they're so willing to help and throw out suggestions, which is awesome.

My Sunday advice is: take some time to learn about who and what came before you. History is fascinating, and messy, and it gives you a whole new appreciation for the world we live in today.

I also wanted to say, quickly, that though I'm not working on a Dartmoor book right now, please don't hesitate to send me any questions or Friday fic prompts! We haven't seen the last of our motley crew. They'll be back after I get done writing about this new crew. :)

4 comments:

  1. So it's a crew? I confess to being very curious about your new project! My favorite books are those with a big, sometimes dysfunctional group of close friends or family so that little hint is promising!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, it's not a crew the way the Lean Dogs are a crew. But it's definitely a large cast and there's a lot going on. :)

      Delete