amazon.com/authors/laurengilley

You can check out my books on Amazon.com, and at Barnes & Noble too.

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Done

I finished my book today, all 99, 448 words of it. There's something very bittersweet about bringing a story to a close: maybe I can sleep now that it's done, but it's also sad to think that it's over. I get nostalgic when I finish reading a good book and the same is apparently true when I finish writing one too.

The process is far from over. There is proofing to be completed, edits to make, and letters to write. To keep from getting too discouraged, I'm going to keep re-reading the message I found in a fortune cookie a month ago. It's a pretty good one.

1 comment:

  1. Wishing you the best of luck in submitting the new book!!!!! Hopefully the fortune cookie was right.

    ReplyDelete