amazon.com/authors/laurengilley

You can check out my books on Amazon.com, and at Barnes & Noble too.

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Coincidence

I've been feeling a touch guilty about not updating Made for Breaking (though only a touch, because based on hits, it's not like there's many people reading it) in favor of working on my new book. After all, who's to say that this new one is any more likely to get published than my previous attempts?

But then a coincidence gave me hope, superstitious creature of habit that I am.

I picked up a copy of Little Women off the bargain rack at Barnes & Noble. I made an attempt to read it in fifth grade, lost interest, and never went back to it. So I thought, what the heck, my brain needs feeding constantly with books, and it was about four bucks.

At home, I opened it up to chapter one and found myself staring at the names of two of my characters from Keep You. Jo and Beth.

I'd completely forgotten about the Jo and Beth in Little Women, but as I read on, I began to feel more and more certain that I'm making the right choice with Keep You.

So Made for Breaking updates are coming, if anyone happened to be curious, but just not right away.

2 comments:

  1. Don't get discouraged! There are those of us who are reading and enjoying this story. It is hard to believe that you can keep that many stories going at once. You have the talent, you just need someone to give you a chance. Hopefully, it will come soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've caught up!!!! Thought I never would. Your writing is so, so good. Love to read it. Patience is a virtue. GM

    ReplyDelete