amazon.com/authors/laurengilley

You can check out my books on Amazon.com, and at Barnes & Noble too.

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Blogging is Scary

The web is a hate factory most of the time. People hide behind the anonymity of screen names and deliver one wicked blow after another to enemies of their own making: what did some of these poor Internet posters ever do to earn their unabashed hatred and scrutiny? So it's with a healthy dose of trepidation that I dip my toes in the pond. Especially because I'm not so self righteous as to think that anyone cares what I have to say in the first place. Blogs are not kind to the humble!

But, here goes. Deep breath.

I've been writing all my life, and in the past three years have written a variety of stories, two full-length novels, and am working on a third. A childhood dream has solidified into a certainty that I want to write for a living. And of course, that's not ridiculous at all. Heaven help me...

So this blog is going to be an outlet and an experiment. The plan is to document my (possibly futile) efforts to become published and to share some of my writing as well. I'm going to be posting a novel specifically written for this blog in serial, one chapter at a time, hopefully with weekly updates.

But I'm nervous, because blogging is scary. And I'm really hoping this can be a positive, welcoming place to visit. That's the goal, anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment